This is an update on New Leaf Massage for the next few months.
I recently had the coronavirus and was isolated at home for two weeks. My family is still in quarantine. I will not be working during this time to lessen any potential disease transmission; since our little town has been more affected by the pandemic, I am not comfortable working.
- 04/01/2021 - 1 CommentBusiness Update November 2020Read More
This is an update on New Leaf Massage for the next few months.
- 04/01/2021 - 0 CommentsFall UpdateRead More
It has been quite a few months! Getting back into the swing of things was a bit chaotic, but now I’ve hit my stride and things are going smoothly. There are still a lot of precautionary measures in place – and yes, you still have to wear a mask for your appointment – but it’s now second nature for a lot of us I think.
- 06/25/2020 - 0 CommentsImportant Info for Reopening – June 2020Read More
Here’s the latest email that just went out to my patients. Read on for more info.
So ready to start seeing you all again on Monday!
So here’s a little update on how things are going to look starting Monday, June 29. Please understand that I have some immunocompromised patients as well as some who are considered high/higher risk for COVID-19. I am trying to keep everyone’s risk low while still being able to have you all come in for a massage. I know some of you are not happy with the way things are right now, and I apologize. I am trying to work within NY State guidelines and keep my license in good standing. I have close friends whose families were affected by COVID-19. It was a heart-wrenching situation and I cannot imagine what they have been through. The messages I received from them about what was going on and how things progressed were rough enough to make me think twice about putting any of my patients and my family at risk.
Here’s what I’m doing to keep both you & me safe at the shop per NY State guidelines:
• I was tested for COVID-19 on June 23rd.
• I will be taking your temperature (touchless) upon arrival and asking all the standard screening questions before we enter the building. Please use the back entrance for your appointment.
• Hand sanitizer will be available for your use.
• I will be diffusing Thieves essential oil in the treatment room.
• As I have always done, my hands and forearms will be washed immediately before & immediately after working on you.
• Per NY State guidelines, you are required to wear a mask. (I know, I know. We will figure it out together.)
• I will be wearing a mask, a face shield, and an apron.
• I will be changing my clothes for each patient.
• Upon your departure, everything I am wearing, along with sheets, blanket, face cradle cover and any pillowcases you were in contact with will be put in a bin with a lid to be washed that evening.
• My face shield will be sanitized.
• Everything in the treatment room will be sanitized – door knobs, door frame, your chair & side table, my stool, massage table, and anything else that has been touched. Please refrain from touching anything you don’t need to in the treatment room.
• As there is not much air circulation due to lack of outside windows in the building, I have also purchased a HEPA air purifier and will have it running at all times. Between patients I will be running the UV-C function to help clear the air of potential pathogens.
• I will be seeing a limited number of patients each day due to increased sanitizing protocols and the amount of extra laundry.
For my peace of mind, here is what you can do to keep both of us safe:
• Per the usual protocol, do not come in if:
You do not feel well for any reason – fever, stomach upset, etc.
Someone in your household does not feel well for any reason
• If you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please do not come in. Your appointment will be rescheduled with no penalty.
• If you have been to larger group demonstrations or marches, please reschedule your appointment with no penalty.
• NY State issued a mandatory 14 day home quarantine period last night for people coming from Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah and Texas. Please follow these guidelines. Your appointment will be rescheduled with no penalty if you have visited any of these places.
• Out of an abundance of caution, I will also ask that you stay home if you have been outside of NY State at all in the last 14 days before your scheduled appointment. Your appointment will be rescheduled with no penalty if you have been out of state.
• If you don’t feel comfortable coming in yet, I respect that.
Also – Please have your check written out before you arrive for your appointment. I will be accepting cash, but please bring exact change. I am working on starting to accept credit/debit payments as well as PayPal in the near future.
All this being said, I am so looking forward to seeing you all again! Fourteen weeks of not seeing you has been a very long time.Be Well,Colleen
- 06/04/2020 - 9 CommentsNew Leaf Reopening Update – 3 June 2020Read More
I am writing to you this evening after several emails and texts from patients with not a lot of answers. NY State has not placed massage therapy into a “phase” for reopening. So here we sit, 11 weeks after I closed my doors in March waiting for guidance and a date that I can resume practice. This is the longest I have been out of the office since I opened in 2009; even longer than maternity leave!
I am reviewing guidelines put out by several national organizations in preparation for re-opening. Things may look a little different the next time you are in as a result.
I love what I do and do not want to jeopardize myself or anyone else. Your health and safety, just like mine, are of absolute importance. We all have husbands/wives/partners, children/stepchildren, parents, and extended family we want to continue to be around for in the future. Trust me – I could use a massage right now, too!
On that note – If you are not on my list to contact for an appointment once I am able to work again, please let me know if you would like your name to be added.
I hope this email finds you well. The weather has turned nice finally, so we have that wonderful sunshine to help keep our spirits up! I will update you again when I know more about reopening.
In the meantime, feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments you may have.
- 04/15/2020 - 0 CommentsBody Sense Spring 2020Read More
During this unprecedented time, I wanted to check in on you and your families, and to share the lateset issue of Body Sense magazine, which is available here: Body Sense Spring 2020
While this issue has great information about massage & bodywork, I would like to make special note of the articles on staying grounded in the face of adversity and ways to boost your immune system – both highly relevant self-care tools that could be especially helpful to you right now.
While my door is currently closed for in-person appointments, my business is not.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have or to discuss any of the information you find inside this latest Body Sense issue.
- 04/06/2020 - 0 CommentsBusiness UpdateRead More
As you may have already heard, Governor Cuomo has extended the closure of all non-essential businesses in New York State to April 29th. As a result of this announcement, I will also be closed until that date.
I know this has been a trying time for all of us. I hope you have found ways to cope at home while we are all social distancing. If you need some help with ideas, please let me know via text or email.
I hope you are doing well! We’ll get through this soon!
- 03/31/2020 - 0 CommentsCoronavirus CrazinessRead More
What a few weeks it has been!
If you all are anything like me & my family, the first few days were chaos trying to figure everything out about being home 24/7. We have since settled into a semblance of a routine, as I hope you all have as well. Wayne is working from home as best he can and I am baby and dog wrangling during the day.
I miss all your lovely faces! Not getting to see you every day has been rough for the last two weeks, but we will make it through. I know some of you are stressing over missing appointments, and that’s ok. But think of it this way – We are protecting each other from COVID-19 by social distancing, and that is the best thing we can do right now. I have no idea how long this will all last, but I know that you are all resilient people who will find solutions to your aches and pains. And if you need a little help, please send me a message – I will help you through all this the best I can!
I have been checking in with you all slowly. Remember to get outside for a walk, have a dance party with your kids or furbabies, drink water (No excuses now – Everyone is close to a bathroom!), call or video chat with your family and friends, and catch up on some sleep. We can all learn to be a bit more gentle with ourselves in this crazy time.
What does this all mean for life as we knew it? I have no idea. But we will navigate it together <3
- 03/18/2020 - 0 CommentsNew Leaf Massage Update – March 18, 2020Read More
Here is the email that went out to everyone on my email list. Please read on for an important update.
We have all been advised to stay home to slow down the spread of the novel coronavirus. So out of an abundance of caution, I am closing until April 6, 2020. I will continue to monitor the situation and will let you know as we get closer to April 6th if I feel I need to stay closed longer.
I am a NY State licensed massage therapist and have the responsibility to protect you, your family, and the community. Please help stop the spread of coronavirus and stay home. For your health and others who depend on you.
If you have an appointment scheduled during the rest of this month, please know that I have a list started and have you on the top of it to get in as soon as possible after I re-open.
This isn’t how most of us expected to spend most of March. Or April. Or any time at all this year, frankly. I am available for any self-care questions in the next few weeks. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.
- 01/07/2020 - 0 CommentsBody Sense Winter 2019-2020Read More
The latest issue of Body Sense magazine is available here: https://www.bodysensemagazinedigital.com/i/1195500-body-sense-winter-19
In this issue, read about one massage client’s adventure to some services she had never experienced before as well as a piece to help you learn some simple exercises for foot fitness and recovery. You can also read on to find out if your winter skin is actually dry or just dehydrated.
I am excited to discuss any of the information you find inside, and happy to schedule your next appointment soon!
- 09/25/2019 - 0 CommentsBody Sense Fall 2019Read More
The latest issue of Body Sense magazine is available here: http://www.bodysensemagazinedigital.com/i/1169967-autumn-2019/0?
In this issue, read about why massage and other self-care routines are important for our growing population of caregivers, learn about tennis elbow (which typically has nothing to do with tennis!), and explore the meditative, stress-relieving practice of using mantras. I am eager to discuss any of the information you find interesting inside, and will be happy to schedule your next appointment soon.
- 03/19/2019 - 0 CommentsBodySense Winter 2018-2019Read More
The latest issue of Body Sense magazine is available here:
In this issue, the healing water therapy known as Watsu in introduced, help relieving any stressors that may be inhibiting your full relaxation during your massage session, and providing some stretches to open your heart and release your shoulders. I am excited to discuss any of the information you find inside, and will be happy to schedule your next appointment. Hope to hear from you soon!
- 10/05/2018 - 0 CommentsSite LaunchRead More
Our new website is finally up. We’ve worked hard to get a beautiful new site ready and we’re proud to show it off. Thanks for reading our blog. We have lots of great blog posts in the works. Please check back or contact us now to find out how we can help you.